Monday, February 23, 2009

Is anything happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to keep writing about this. But, I got to. This is the only reward, perhaps; to see my thoughts on paper, for whatever that is worth!

The Congress passed and the President signed a stimulus package worth nearly $800 billion, but nothing seems to be happening - except talk. Everyday, there is word on what it will do, but nothing has happened yet.

That I know, the way this affects me, that nothing is happening, is that my stock is getting littler and littler every day. I keep thinking, well, the money has at least been made available, and that ought to mean something to Wall Street. Everyday, I check the market and it goes down, down, down, as if absolutely nothing is happening and what is planned is not good news. My stock, which was not worth a lot in the beginning - certainly not like a lot of people's, but it is now at least less by two-thirds what it was last summer. Is there any end??????

My confidence in the system being able to solve the mess is evaporating. If we don't have a system that can fix things, what is there left? Not much.

I really think somebody needs to do something. At least talk in some positive terms. (But don't lie to me.)

While I feel pretty confident in having a fixed income, most of that comes from the government, and that makes me know that someday it may be that the government that pays it will send me an IOU. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head! It could happen.

So, let us get the money out there and see what it will do. That seems our only option. If there are other options, somebody speak up and let's try that.

Oh, saw my mayor at breakfast this morning. In our conversation, I could not tell if he really thought good was going to come from any of it, but he is a good Democrat, and he tried to talk a good talk. He stopped short a bit when I reminded him that I saw in the paper this morning our (his and mine) bridge revenue was down. He thinks all that money coming down will help. Hope we don't have to "call him out" on that.

OK. I said it. Now for tomorrow, Mr. President! Mr. Mayor!

No comments:

Post a Comment