Friday, March 20, 2009

Fix what?

This is my first post on the topic of the bailout in about a month. So, I guess I ought to say something since I do have something on my mind.

The money has be let. It is supposedly flowing. We do hear that some are using it for the wrong purpose. Some are even paying high bonuses to people who may have caused the problem. Shame on them, I say.

The news now talks about the deficit this will cause in a bunch of years to come. Wow! Where'd they get all that money in the first place?

My concern, and I think this is a real concern, is that I don't hear much if anything about anything being done to keep what happened from happening again. Hummm. Are we just pouring money into a deep hole just to do it again? I sure hope not.

If we don't fix what caused it, it will continue to bite us - again and again. Surely, somebody is fixing that, I hope. Guess I should tune in to C-SPAN and see what the Congress is talking about.

Anyway, that is may latest worry. Sure wish I had some positive things to write on. Maybe next week. Maybe the next time the President appears on Jay Leno he will talk about the fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment